Autonomous unmanned ground vehicles comprise several technologies that allow the machine to be self-acting and self-regulating, without human intervention. Autonomous ground vehicles possess several benefits in terms of their size and affordability, in addition to high survivability, which makes them ideal for defense applications across the globe, as security threats continue to become increasingly more unconventional. The platform is flexible and future-ready, designed to be adaptable to various future developments in sensors, weapon systems, and other payloads. The use of UGVs, which are state-of-the-art robots, has acquired a greater significance in counter-insurgency, urban as well as jungle-warfare situations for varied tasks, including surveillance and reconnaissance operations and safe handling and disposal of improvised explosive devices (IEDs).
Edgeforce Solutions has been working in the field of Autonomous technologies and has a partnership for UGVs with a global leader, Milanion. We are looking at launching the AGEMA UGV which would be available in 8×8 or 6×6 drivetrains. The AGEMA is a multi-role platform fitted with a customisable deck that can be adapted to any mission-specific payload.
- Payloads include Cameras, LIDAR & mini RADAR
- Multicapable configurable, modular platform
- Make in India product
- Logistic Support and Force Protection
- ISR, Drone Launch and Anti-Drone Systems
- Anti-Tank Support
- Medical evacuation
- Route Inspection and Clearance
- MESH encrypted communication
- Border Protection
- Critical Infrastructure Security and Protection
- Fire & Rescue
AI based Edge device for BattleField Surveillance Radar, BFSR(SR)
The AI based edge device facilitates the automation of the surveillance system based on radar signals and doppler sounds and displays the target or external anomaly category on the screen. Edge computing device processes data locally, instead of in the cloud or a data centre, minimizes latency and bandwidth needs, and provides real-time feedback and decision-making. The exclusive advantage of the Edge device is being able to avoid the costly process of transferring large datasets to and from the cloud.
The battlefield surveillance mission is to detect, locate, identify, and monitor changes in the enemy’s resources: tanks and other vehicles, helicopters, motorized troops, air defense batteries, etc. It must enable target acquisition for the artillery or for tactical aviation forces.
- Automatic classification of signals of Radar using AI.
- Edge device provides security protocols to ensure data is always protected.
- A 10.5″ display monitor that is touchscreen enabled.
- Exceptional performance and power advantage with a rich set of IOs – from high-speed CSIs and PCIe to low-speed I2Cs and GPIOs.
- Supports multiple power modes, including low-power modes for battery-operated systems and delivers up to 14 TOPs for AI applications in as little as 10 W.
- Run all modern AI networks and frameworks with accelerated libraries for deep learning, computer vision, computer graphics, multimedia for more prediction.
- Surveillance and intruder detection.
- Detection of low flying helicopters.
- Protection of industrial facilities.
Radar is a system of transmitters and receivers that can detect, locate and measure the speed of a target using electromagnetic waves. MIMO radars represent a new generation of radars in the field of research in radar signal processing and can be considered to be a generalized form of multistatic radar system. MIMO Radar has multiple transmit and receive elements for transmitting and receiving signals having antennas which can be either closely spaced or can be widely spaced. MIMO radar possesses significant potentials for fading mitigation, resolution enhancement, and interference and jamming suppression. It can be used to improve the spatial resolution, and they provide a substantially improved immunity to interference. By improving the signal-to-noise ratio, the probability of detection of the targets is also increased. MIMO techniques have offered benefits in multi-path fading environments in target detection, tracking, beam pattern synthesis, radar imaging, and sparse recovery. MIMO finds applications in wireless communication, NLOS communication, satellite communication, HF communication, Optical Fibre Communication.
- Improved target detection capability
- Enhanced accuracy in angle estimation
- Lower minimum detectable velocity
- Direct applicability of adaptive algorithms
- Enhanced spatial diversity gain
- High degree of flexibility in designing beam pattern
- Direct applicability of adaptive arrays for target detection and parameter estimation
- A much enhanced flexibility for transmit beam pattern design
- For advanced electronic warfare applications
- Anti-Drone Technology
- Airspace monitoring and traffic management
- Mine-detection and underground mapping
- Field of medicine,
- Field of marine science
Ruggedized Display Unit
A ruggedized display is the ideal human-machine interface (HMI) for industrial settings where electronics are often subject to extreme temperatures, humidity, vibration, and shock. It uses advanced lamination and glass improve durability, brightness and contrast, and sunlight readability, while reducing reflection, condensation, and dust build-up.
RDU series is a configurable and application specific versatile rugged display unit designed to provide user friendly intelligent operator interface unit. RDU is developed with user configurable input and output channels for downward integration with equipment or process sensors. It is also equipped with CAN or RS485 or Ethernet based communication channels for upward integration with other sub-systems. Its mechanical design allows to get integrated with equipment consoles/dashboards. The RDU based on a rugged design (IP65) makes it as a best solution for extreme environments. It allows wide viewing angle. Ultra excellent display quality is supported by a maximum contrast ratio of 500:1 and a resolution up to 800(H)/600(V) pixels for 10.4” LCD Versions.
- Size: 10.4” LCD
- Active area: 211.2(H) x 158.4(V)
- Dimensions : 320 (W) x250 (H) X70 (D)
- Touch Screen: Resistive or P-CAP
- Resolution: 800 (H) x 600 (V) Pixels
- Shock: ±50G in 3 axes
- Vibration:7.86 grams (5-2000 Hz)
- Digital Outputs: 16 Nos. (Configurable)
- Digital Inputs: 16 Nos. (Configurable)
- Analog Inputs : 8 Nos. (4-20 mA/0-5 V
- OS: DOS /WINDOWS/LINUX/Win CE.
- Operating temperature: -40° C to +85° C
- Storage temperature: -40° C to +85° C
- Humidity: 95% at +40° C
Fencing has been part of the Olympic Sport Programme since the first modern Olympic Games in Athens in 1896. It is a very popular sport worldwide. Speed and agility are the two key features of the sport. Points are made through contact/touch with an opponent, which is recorded electronically. The target area of contact/touch is different for each weapon. Each time a fencer scores a touch, they receive a point. The preliminary pool matches consist of three minutes and direct elimination matches consist of three three-minute periods.
Fencing led the way in electronic scoring. International competition saw the first electronic scoring with the épée in the 1936 Olympics. It was extended to the foil in the 1956 Olympics, and finally the saber in the 1988 summer games. More recently, fencing has been cutting the cord. Wireless, or reel-less, systems have been developed and deployed that no longer require the fighter to be connected physically to the scoring system.
Edge force Fencing Scoreboard is a multifunctional electronic fencing recorder which can be used to keep score during a fencing bout. It is made of shock-proof plastic and offered with dimensions width 56cm, height 23.5cm, and depth 8.5cm.
- As per standards prescribed by FIE (certification under progress).
- Manual or automatic rearmament for three weapons.
- Easily updated by replacing a single electronic component.
- Chronometer includes height of the digits 5.2cm, legible up to a distance of 15-20m away. Start/Stop, 1 minute pause, Load starts time.
- A remote control which can control the chronometer, the scorer, the rearmament, the matches, the penalty cards and the priority.
- Visual displays including the lights signalling hits (one red, one green, and two white lights) consist of high-efficiency LEDs (average life: 1,00,000 hours).
Military Grade PCB
Military-grade PCBs carry stringent performance, sourcing, and manufacturing requirements that are encoded in a number of standards. Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) used in military applications demand high reliability due to their harsh operating conditions as they are exposed to extreme environmental conditions, chemicals, contaminants, etc. It is designed to withstand maximum current and thermal loads in order to ensure reliability.
- Secure solutions, encrypted message passing
- Form factor and enclosures as per military standards
- EMI/EMC compliance for the radiation parameters
- Customised connectors and interfaces
- IPR for the products may be held/shared
- TOT and ‘Make in India’ philosophy
- More than 50% indigenous content under Make-II category hardened for a large temperature range and terrain/weather
- Unmanned vehicles
- Defense navigation and communication systems
- Robotic systems
- Satellite subsystems using embedded processors
- Ruggedized computers
- Artillery and mortars
- Base/camp protection and security